Carpet in School
School design is widely recognized as positively affecting student learning and teacher satisfaction. Carpet contributes to good design by creating a welcoming, friendly and less institutional space for students, teachers and all school personnel. Carpets other benefits include:
- Improved Safety – With added traction, carpet helps prevent slips and falls. If falls do happen, chances of injury are greatly reduced on soft flooring.
- Increased Comfort – For teachers and other staff, a cushioned walking and standing surface reduces leg fatigue. Plus, carpet provides a non-glare surface that reduces reflection and eyestrain.
- Better insulation – Carpet is warmer to sit on or work on, extending the learning area to space on the floor, especially with younger children. Thermal comfort exists because carpet retains inside ambient temperatures longer.
- Costs less over time – Carpet that is properly selected, installed and maintained lasts up to 10 years or longer. When product, installation and maintenance supplies and labour costs are considered over a 10 to 15 year period, carpet delivers lower life cycle costs than other floor coverings.
- Reduced noise – Carpet is deemed to be up to 10 times more efficient in reducing noise compared with other flooring options. Also with carpet, less acoustic protection is needed on the ceiling and elsewhere. This quieter environment provides a better learning atmosphere with fewer distractions.
- Improved IAQ – Carpet can improve the indoor air quality (IAQ) by capturing allergens in its fibres, thus preventing them from circulating back into the air. The allergens can then be removed through proper vacuuming. Additionally, carpet has lower chemical emissions than most indoor furnishings
Competitively Priced – Request a Free Measure and Quote Today 1800 281 092
We specialise in flooring solutions for all educational institutions such as Kindergarten, Primary School, High Schools, Tafe and Universities.
Address: 2 Meriton Place, Clayton South, VIC 3169
Phone: 1800 281 092
Business Hours: Mon-Fri 9.00am–5:00pm Sat, Sun & Public Holidays – Closed